Affordable Housing Maintenance Technician
Full Job Description
THF Housing Management is looking for a skilled Maintenance Technician who will be responsible for the upkeep and maintenance of two Affordable Housing Apartment Communities, located in Blanco, TX and Johnson City, TX. The successful candidate will maintain cleanliness, and curb appeal of the community in line with the established standards including the grounds, amenities, building exteriors and leasing office, parking lots, and other common areas of the community. The Maintenance Technician performs highly diversified duties to include but not limited to:
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Repairing flooring, drywall, and appliances
- Troubleshoot and repair plumbing, electrical, HVAC, safety and security systems (lighting, locks, smoke/CO2 alarms, etc.)
- Responds to resident work orders in a timely manner, including after hours on-call maintenance requests. Be on-call as scheduled by management
- Prepare vacant units for turnover
- Ensure all equipment is in working condition and follow preventative maintenance schedule. Keeps storage areas, tools and equipment secure at all times. Creates and maintains a safe work environment.
- Attendance is an imperative job function. This position is required to work Monday through Friday, 37.5 hours per week and can respond to property emergencies and needs seven days of the week, 52 weeks of the year, as necessary.
- Participates in THF Housing Management Corporation training as required.
- He or she is responsible for complying with the company’s and community’s operating and safety policies and procedures.
- Follows all Company, city, state federal and EPA air conditioning and refrigeration record keeping requirements and procedures in connection with the maintenance, service, repair and disposal of air conditioning and refrigeration equipment and refrigerant.
- Follows health department, city state and federal procedures, practices and record keeping requirements applicable to pools to maintain property water chemistry and sanitation.
- Additionally, he or she is responsible for adhering to federal, state, and local laws pertaining to Fair Housing and OSHA regulations.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
- Familiarity with plumbing repairs, tile work, HVAC equipment, appliances, carpentry repairs, electrical repairs, and all facets of apartment make-ready
- Must have reliable transportation, a valid driver's license
- Any combination of education and experience that demonstrates the knowledge and ability to perform the work
- Willingness and ability to perform manual work following verbal and written instructions
- Some knowledge of first aid and applicable safety precautions
- Ability to work independently and complete daily activities according to work schedule
- Ability to lift heavy objects, walk, and stand for long periods of time and perform strenuous physical labor under adverse weather conditions
- Ability to lift and carry objects weighing up to 50 pounds
- Must be proficient in speaking, reading, and writing in English
- Ability to effectively communicate with tenants and property staff
- Ability to use equipment and tools properly and safely
- Ability to understand, follow and transmit written and oral instructions
- Ability to meet attendance schedule with dependability and consistency
- Willingness to deliver excellent customer service as an important part of the community team, providing a high-quality living environment
- Maintenance: 1 year (Preferred)
- HVAC: 1 year (Preferred)
- Driver's License (Preferred)
- HVAC Certification (Preferred)
Your submission was successful. We will get back with you shortly.